Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Treadmills and Potty Training

Emily has had the most eventful month. The first and most exciting news is that Emily has decided it is okay to be potty trained. Yeah!!!!!! Now with one in diapers we can cut that part of the budget in half. I am so proud of her. She has done a really great job.

As for treadmills, Katie decided to hop on one morning not knowing that Emily was close behind sticking her fingers in the belt. Her fingers got caught underneath and it tore up the skin pretty good. We bandaged her up and kept a close eye on it for the next couple of days. Sure enough, it got infected and we had to take her in to get some medicine. I knew it was bad when the doctor saw her hand and said, "oh my". I was hoping to take a picture for all to see, but Emily didn't want to show her fingers to anyone. Thank goodness they are healing up just fine now.

4 comments:

Jackson's FARM'N family said...

Ouch!!!! Im glad she didnt loose a finger. Okay so you are going to be mad at me but I have come home from a long 2 weeks in Oklahoma only 4 hours away from you, sorry... I wanted to stop in so bad but everyday my car was being used cuz it could fit everyone.

John and Crystal Pinegar Family said...

Yeah! I'm so glad potty training went well. I'm so sorry about the finger. That sounds awful.

Kathryn said...

Congrats on the potty training for Emily! That is so exciting! I'm sorry that she hurt her fingers so bad. It sounds like it was probably a pretty traumatic event. Maybe it is better that you don't have pictures of the wound for those who have sensitive stomachs. :)

mary said...

Yikes, this kind of makes me sick to read about. I think I'm glad to not see a picture.